Thursday, May 24, 2007

Times of Change- Monday

Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic

Stop the Sun by Gary Paulsen

To Heal a Nation by Joel L. Swerdlow





For your final readings of Times of Change, I would like you to set aside some time on Monday (Memorial Day) to read the choices above. Once you are done, I would like for you to post in your blog a note to the men and women on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. After what you have learned over the past few days, and what you saw when we went to D.C., what would you want to say to them?


Dear Veterans,

All of you are incredibly strong and i admire that greatly. Many people don't seem to understand or realize what you did for our country in Vietnam, but from what I have seen when I went to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and what i have read, all the veterans are greatly appreciated by me. You went through unbelievably difficult times abroad and it must've been hard seeing Americans oppose your efforts when you came home. No one can fully recognize what you have done for our country if they weren't in Vietnam at the time but i am starting to understand many of your hardships. Thank you for your strength and help.

-Mahin



2 Comments:

At June 1, 2007 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Taft - AMERICANHISTORY RULES! said...

Great refelction, Mahin - I think you summarized the feelings of many students (and myself) in your note.

Thanks for such a great year!

 
At March 17, 2008 at 1:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home